Our Antenatal Course, in association with Mamaserene prepares first time expectant parents with up-to-date and trusted information. Not only for birth, but for life with your newborn too. Our course is practical, fun and enables you to feel confident, supported and excited about the birth and becoming parents.
Meet Your Teachers:
Leads Birth Preparation
Dani Diosi – DipHe, DypHyp LHS is a highly qualified & experienced Antenatal & Childbirth Educator, Hypnotherapist and Doula. She originally taught for the National Childbirth Trust (NCT) and utilized her own experience as a mother to twins to specialize in multiple birth classes. She subsequently qualified in Natal Hypnotherapy in 2008 and was one of the founding practitioners teaching Natal Hypnotherapy Hypnobirthing Classes at The Chelsea and Westminster hospital. As a Doula, Dani supports labouring women on a regular basis at a variety of different hospitals.
Leads New-born Baby Care
Victoria is a highly qualified and experience post-natal practitioner. She was inspired to set up Allaboutbabies following her own experience as a first time mum. She is a registered Baby Rocks Mentor, accredited Sleep Consultant and Level 3 trained Maternity Nurse.
- What happens in labour and how it progresses.
- Birth Partner tips such as how to support and how to get a good indication of where she is in labour without relying on cervical dilation
- Hormones of labour
- How to ask questions and make informed decisions
- Initial baby care following the birth
- New-born appearance and what to expect in the first few weeks
- Crying solutions
- Sleep solutions
- Safe Sleep Advice
- Baby development, attachment and bonding
- Pain management options
- Caesarean sections – what to expect
- Breastfeeding, led by Wendy Lever (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant)
- Bottle feeding, steralising and how to safely make up formula
- Signs feeding is going well
- What’s in a nappy and nappy changing practical
- The Biggest Tool in the box – breathing exercises
- Contraction patterns and long latent phases, what to do to help
- Birth preferences, why they are important and how to write one that suits you and your choices
- Birth Environment and its importance
- New-born bathing, dressing & product advice
- Postnatal care
- Relationship changes